In 1894 J B Eilers arrived in London to establish a dairy company – extending a business that was started in Amsterdam in 1804.
J B Eilers became the major UK importer of butter from Australia, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and Siberia.
His business was originally located in Tooley Street near London Bridge, capitalising on the port of London’s facilities as the centre of the provision trade in the south of England.
The present Eilers & Wheeler business was started in 1972 by Mike Eilers and Simon Wheeler, returning to Tooley Street from Smithfield in 1989.
Today, the business is owned and operated by the Eilers family and, with its wide network of supply, customer and logistics contacts, is ideally placed to meet the current and future challenges of a diverse and highly competitive global dairy market.